Office: 503-443-2000 | Fax: 503-968-1877 | Email:
Nu Tech Software Solutions is an Information Technology Services and Software Development company.
We focus on highly available applications for both the Internet and Enterprise. Expertise in both the Microsoft and Linux/LAMP environments.
If you need a Content Management System (CMS) we can do it! We are experienced with both Joomla! and Drupal!
Contact us at: Phone: (503) 443-2000, Email:

Home
AlarmDecoder/AD2USB
Contact Us
AlarmDecoder Forum
FAQ
Online Store

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Relay support (initial beta report) (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Discuss our ADEMCO Emulator hardware.
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Relay support (initial beta report)
Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
berkinet wrote:
Warning: The rest of this post discusses Panel Programming and assumes you have a basic understanding of Programmer mode.

Once the Relays have been configured, you will need to program your panel to activate them. On the 20P this is done through the *79 and *80 menus.

The *79 menu creates logical output device. Each logical output defines a device (Relay, X10 device or built-in trigger). Only the Relay type is supported by the ad2usb. You will probably want to create 8 logical output devices and number them 1-8 for convenience (to map to your on-board zones 1-8). Each logical output device should have Output Type 1 = relay on 4204/4229 module. Then, starting with Device #1 use Module Address 12, and Relay Position 1, and so on for the first 4 (1-4) logical devices. Then use Module Address 13, and Relay Position 1, and so on for the next 4 (5-8) logical devices.

Next, on menu *80 you will create the output functions that will trigger the logical output devices you just created. The Output Functions should be numbered 1-8 to match your on-board zone numbers and the logical device numbers. This is not required, but it will make things easier to track later on. When creating each Output Function, you will want the Activated By set to 3 = Zone number. Next, for Enter Event select 1 = alarm/fault/trouble. For the Output Action select 2 = Stay Closed. and finally, select the Output Number of a logical device you created in menu *79. I suggest you keep the numbering straight. Output function 1 to logical device 1, etc. Now, each time any of your 8 zones is closed, you will see a Relay event like this in your ad2usb data stream: !REL:12,01,01

For someone who isn't familiar with programming mode, would you be willing to explain the button press sequence? I've taken over my Ademco panel using thisprocedure), installed AD2USB, fiddled with the GUI, but I do not know programmer mode & would like to configure these virtual relays. I entered programming mode, *79 menu, and "01" shows up on my keypad. I do not know where to go from there.

Any help is appreciated.
DeltaNu1142 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Logged Logged  

The administrator has disabled public write access.  
I may have found what I need on page 10 of the manual--I'll give it a try later this week.
DeltaNu1142 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 8  
DeltaNu1142 wrote:
For someone who isn't familiar with programming mode, would you be willing to explain the button press sequence? I've taken over my Ademco panel using thisprocedure), installed AD2USB, fiddled with the GUI, but I do not know programmer mode & would like to configure these virtual relays. I entered programming mode, *79 menu, and "01" shows up on my keypad. I do not know where to go from there….

Hopefully you have made some progress. I was wondering what you wanted to use the relays for? If it was to enable advanced mode in the Indigo ad2usb plugin, it ids probably not worth the effort since, with Sean's very efficient algorithm, cleared zone detection is really about as fast as using advanced mode.
berkinet (Moderator)
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

In the past few days I realized I didn't really need to go the way of enabling the outputs, so I haven't made progress... but by choice! With what's in the original post and from what I read in the manual, I'm pretty sure I could figure it out if I needed to.

Thanks!
DeltaNu1142 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

berkinet wrote:
Hopefully you have made some progress. I was wondering what you wanted to use the relays for? If it was to enable advanced mode in the Indigo ad2usb plugin, it ids probably not worth the effort since, with Sean's very efficient algorithm, cleared zone detection is really about as fast as using advanced mode.
My purpose was so that I can detect tripped zones when the alarm is in ARMED state, and it appears that I'll need to do this. In particular, I'd like for the motion sensor(s) to send a tripped state to Vera irrespective of alarm state.
DeltaNu1142 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Go to top

Lost Password?
©2017 Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc. | Terms and Conditions | Service Level Agreement | Acceptable Use Policies | Contact Us