Office: 503-443-2000 | Fax: 503-968-1877 | Email:
Nu Tech Software Solutions is an Information Technology Services and Software Development company.
We focus on highly available applications for both the Internet and Enterprise. Expertise in both the Microsoft and Linux/LAMP environments.
If you need a Content Management System (CMS) we can do it! We are experienced with both Joomla! and Drupal!
Contact us at: Phone: (503) 443-2000, Email:

Home
AlarmDecoder/AD2USB
Contact Us
AlarmDecoder Forum
FAQ
Online Store

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Relay support (initial beta report) (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Discuss our ADEMCO Emulator hardware.
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Relay support (initial beta report)
Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7  
Hay djrobx.

I just published a new beta 7 update. I have had no luck with my 10SE programming relays for testing. I think my test panel is messed up. The menus don't match any docs for 10SE so maybe its a very early SE or its just messed up. Could you test this? Set your address to 31 then enable relay #1 emulation and go into output programming *80 and enable the relay in *25 as type 3 for a 4204.

Your version should read V2.2a.7b after you update.

Re
Sean M
mathewss (Admin)
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Logged Logged  

struct SoftwareProfessional {
double salary;
long lunches;
float jobs;
char unstable;
void work;
short tempers;
};

The administrator has disabled public write access.  
Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1  
Hi Sean!

I'm pleased to report that this seems to work perfectly.

1) I set *25 (Wire Exp) to 3. Panel did not freak out.... good sign.

2) I coded *80 to open the relay when zone list 1 is faulted:
Relay 1:
Action 2 (Closed and stay closed)
Start Event 2 (Fault)
Start Zone List 1
Start Zone Type 0
Stop Zone List 1
Stop Zone Type 0

3) I coded *81 to put zones 02 and 06 in zone list 1.

I now get a nice "!REL 01,01,01" response I open either door, and "!REL 01,01,00" when I close them. Brilliant! I later programmed Relay 2, and that's working fine a well.

These panels are limited to 3 zone groups, so you can only monitor 3 distinct sensors, but at least you have grouping, which helps if you have multiple sensors leading to one place. Having support for this is a huge help for my purposes, anyway!

Thanks!!

-- Rob
djrobx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2013/06/09 08:58 By djrobx.

Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hello there

I recently got the AD2USB (neat toy) and had no problems integrating it with the Vista 10SE. I got the virtual relay configured as well, but the Keypad GUI throws an error (in all versions of Windows I tried it on) when a relay message goes through

Code:

"Index and length must refer to a location within the string.

Parameter name: length"
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at ad2usbgui.MainWindow.ProcessRELMessage(String Buffer, String Type)
   at ad2usbgui.MainWindow.ProcessBuffer()

The message itself looks correct - REL 01,01,01.

I wish I could fix it myself, but no source for this portion. I did have success recompiling mystuff and example in VS2010 with additional features that I wanted.

Do you know of this behavior, and are there any plans for a fix in the next version?

An unrelated question, what are people doing with the Relay emulation? I feel like I have a solution looking for a problem. Every need I have basically can be supplanted/replaced with a different stack of hardware/software. Looking for ideas to put it to good use. I don't have an extensive automation environment (yet) - just a PC running this.
DKane (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7  
Can you post the exact message from the panel. The one you are showing is missing parts so I can understand why it parsed badly. I know I recently did a firmware patch to allow relay emulation to work on SE panels.

At some point I plan on pushing the GUI to github. I just need some time to clean stuff up before I dump it to the world. This year we moved everything to git so that was part of the battle.

I totally dig the "I have a screwdriver now where is the dam screw to fix" problem. This is a good question. I will have to ponder this a bit. The problem is lots of what I can do with a relay and a zone I can also just do with home automation state logic and thus I do not need the ladder logic on the alarm panel. I expect some states the alarm panel can trigger a relay on could be useful. That is probably the best place to start and see exactly is possible with the SE panel events and relays.

Re
Sean M
mathewss (Admin)
Admin
graph
Logged Logged  

struct SoftwareProfessional {
double salary;
long lunches;
float jobs;
char unstable;
void work;
short tempers;
};

Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
An unrelated question, what are people doing with the Relay emulation? I feel like I have a solution looking for a problem. Every need I have basically can be supplanted/replaced with a different stack of hardware/software. Looking for ideas to put it to good use. I don't have an extensive automation environment (yet) - just a PC running this.The specific problem that the relay support resolves is receiving events for the state of hard-wired zones quickly.

Without relay support, your software has to look for the fault messages from the display panel. If you have several faults, it can take 20+ seconds to find out about an event, because the panel lists them one at a time, with 3 seconds between each message. The !EXP messages give you realtime data about wireless sensors, but wired sensors, not so much.

The specifics - I have two doors that lead into my garage. Both have nice hard-wired sensors in the doors. My garage has no windows, and the builder put the light switch in a very cumbersome location. With the AD2USB alerting my automation controller of entry, the light can turn on automatically.

I used to parse the messages looking for the "FAULT xx GARAGE xxx". This usually worked OK. That is, until a nice evening when we'd open a bunch of windows. If I had 3 windows open, it could take up to 15 seconds for the light to finally kick on. That doesn't sound like a long time, but if you're standing in a pitch black room waiting for something to happen, it seems like an eternity. Now with the relay support, it's fast, and it doesn't matter how many other sensors are faulted.

I could have installed some sort of secondary sensors, but it seems silly and wasteful to do that when I knew I had perfectly capable hardware.
djrobx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Re:Relay support (initial beta report) 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
djrobx wrote:
The !EXP messages give you realtime data about wireless sensors, but wired sensors, not so much.
I could have installed some sort of secondary sensors, but it seems silly and wasteful to do that when I knew I had perfectly capable hardware.

Ok, cool, thanks. Do you mind if I ask what Automation controller you use?

My setup is all wireless at the moment (previous owners), and the wired zones I will add won't drive anything critical for my purposes.

What I'm trying to use the panel for is not just Alarms, but "alerts" - monitoring of non-critical functions that should result in an action, either automated or human-generated.
For example, I forgot to close the garage door. I can probably create a GUI plugin that keeps track of item states and sends periodic reminders (email). Then I can react to them, either by going to close it, or to accessing the panel remotely and punching in code+#+7 to trigger the relay. That, in turn would either push the button or the rigged-up standard wireless door opener/closer.

All that works with a real 4204. A virtual one will give me the information, but acting on it requires additional software and hardware. So should I get a 4204 instead? I did read that it doesn't correctly work for the 2-second close when triggered via #+7, but one can write a funny chain to cancel a "close and keep closed" command.

But this is all very cool. The 10 SE is somewhat limited, but good enough for a simple house.
DKane (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2013/10/09 09:04 By DKane.

Go to top

Lost Password?
©2017 Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc. | Terms and Conditions | Service Level Agreement | Acceptable Use Policies | Contact Us