Office: 503-443-2000 | Fax: 503-968-1877 | Email:
Nu Tech Software Solutions is an Information Technology Services and Software Development company.
We focus on highly available applications for both the Internet and Enterprise. Expertise in both the Microsoft and Linux/LAMP environments.
If you need a Content Management System (CMS) we can do it! We are experienced with both Joomla! and Drupal!
Contact us at: Phone: (503) 443-2000, Email:

Home
AlarmDecoder/AD2USB
Contact Us
AlarmDecoder Forum
FAQ
Online Store

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Virtual Keypad (GUI) Software & Board Firmware (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Discuss our ADEMCO Emulator hardware.
Go to bottom Favoured: 13
TOPIC: Virtual Keypad (GUI) Software & Board Firmware
Re:Virtual Keypad (GUI) Software & Board Firmware 6 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1  
So I jumpered C3 and C4 as indicated. I am able to connect to the AD2USB via terminal and via Serial Bridge, no problem. However I can't get MonoGui to connect. I attach a pic showing the telnet connection is OK on Keypad 04 with no board expanders emulated. On the same pic is the reading from the MonoGui log and the comm settings I set for it. I did quit the telnet session in Terminal prior to trying to connect. Note that every time I open MonoGui it forgets which keypad number the NuTech is assigned to; always reads "0". I can't reset the log either.

Trying a different tack, I booted up VMWare fusion and downloaded the console firmware update app and the firmware. I enabled the USB port on VMWare and executed the firmware app and the firmware multiple times. It seems to run very quickly and then quit?

How do I tell which firmware version I'm currently running?
hamw (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2012/02/20 19:22 By hamw.

The administrator has disabled public write access.  
Re:Virtual Keypad (GUI) Software & Board Firmware 6 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8  
It looks like you have multiple things trying to connect to the ad2usb using USB at once. If ser2sock is connected, then the MonoGUI cannot connect directly to the ad2usb via USB, you must configure it to use the IP port you specified in the ser2sock command line. If you are following the ser2sock instructions in the Indigo ad2usb plugin, then you would set the MonoGUI (and any other software) to use port 1503 on IP Address 127.0.0.1.

So, try killing everything. Then restart ser2sock, and try a telnet connection. If that works, just leave it open, and try the MonoGUI. Just configure everything for the IP interface to ser2sock.

The V command (Capital V) will display your firmware version.
berkinet (Moderator)
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2012/02/20 19:26 By berkinet.

Re:Virtual Keypad (GUI) Software & Board Firmware 6 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8  
Ok. Now I can see the picture you posted. Try using 127.0.0.1 in the MonoGUI instead of WilliamsEC
berkinet (Moderator)
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Re:Virtual Keypad (GUI) Software & Board Firmware 6 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1  
I entered 127.0.0.1 as per the ser2sock instructions - lots of places to look! and the MonoGui came online. I uploaded the firmware and the process seemed to stall. Waited 5 min or so, checked the log which at the end said "Boot.........." which I interpreted to mean the upload was complete and the MonoGui needed to be reset. I closed and reopened MonoGui and now it won't reconnect, nor will Terminal or Serial Bridge. I unplugged the USB and de-powered the unit to no avail. This is what it reads:
Code:

Last login: Mon Feb 20 23:01:59 on ttys000
Mac-mini:~ WilliamsEC$ telnet 127.0.0.1 15005
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
!SER2SOCK Connected
!SER2SOCK SERIAL_CONNECTED

There is no usual alarm text following.

The log from MonoGui says basically the same thing. Is it possible the unit is now bricked, or is this just some kind of hang?
hamw (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Make sureyou completely disconnected the ad2usb from the panel and the USB port. Then plug it in again, start ser2sock and connect with telnet.

Then, enter a =. (equal sign) that should cause the ad2usb to reboot. If it is still non-responsive Sean will probably be able to help you recover.
berkinet (Moderator)
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Did that and rebooted computer with AD2USB unplugged, then reattached everything. Opened terminal session, entered = and got this again:

Code:

Last login: Tue Feb 21 20:50:19 on console
Mac-mini:~ WilliamsEC$ telnet 127.0.0.1 15005
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
!SER2SOCK Connected
=

=

MonoGui shows this, and won't allow re-upload of the firmware:
Code:

Starting ad2usbgui build #2.0.3841.17210
Trying to connect to: 127.0.0.1:15005
!SER2SOCK Connected

Sean, Berkinet, any ideas?
hamw (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2012/02/21 18:02 By hamw.

Go to top

Lost Password?
©2018 Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc. | Terms and Conditions | Service Level Agreement | Acceptable Use Policies | Contact Us